Friday, November 14, 2014

Black with 2 - November Challege

Hi Everyone

The weekend has finally arrived and I am looking forward to getting some craft time in.  
Its unbelievable how fast we seem to fly through a week and with the crazy season approaching it doesn't leave much me time, which is my craft time.  My daughter and I started our Christmas shopping yesterday, I love just casually wandering around looking for that perfect gift, I found a few things that I'm sure will be welcomed by the receiver.  

Now on to what I have been creating, I played along with the Black with 2 Challenge.  The colours were singing summer and I remembered this pic I snapped in Instagram of my husband walking on the beach.  Sigh!!!  can't believe its been almost a year since we had that 3 day break, fortunately we are going away at the end of next week for a much needed 5 day break, bliss!!!  Who doesn't love staying in a resort.


MY TAKE




I used gesso on the background and then used my gelato's along with stamps to create a fun background. Unfortunately the photo mat is photographing white rather than the soft butter colour as is my lighter blue colour. 


Some close ups of the stamping.



Products Used:

Prima - Tangerine bloom spray and blooms
Blue Fern Creations - Chipboard frame
Dusty Attic - Chipboard words
Glitz - Transparent &
Teresa Collins - Photo overlay
Fancy Pants - Photo mat
Cosmo cricket - Stickers
Kaiser Craft - flowers
Stampendous - Marine Blue fragments
Tim Holtz - crackle stamp & distress cardstock
Gelato's
Memory Box - die cut
Magnolia - Doohickey banner die

Thanks for looking and I hope you all have a wonderful weekend.




Pin It!

10 comments:

  1. Fabulous ! Gorgeous details and colour work and love the dark background. Enjoy your 5 day break.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is absolutely amazing, really love all the elements on your layout!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a stunning page!! Love the multi media background, and all the lovely blue and tangerine colours!! Fabulous take of the sketch and mood board.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning Fi, love all the gorgeous details too. Thanks for joining us this month at BW2 :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow this is beautiful. Thanks for joining in with us this month at BW2 :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic Layout :) Thanks for joining us at BW2

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your background work on this - fabulous! And yes, don't we all wish we were back on holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is totally fabulous! I always love it when you use a blach cardstock bg.
    The huge ampersand packs a really large punch. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this Fi. It is so different with all the detail included in it. Hope you will play again next month :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow this is fantabulous with all the the gorgeous details, Happy and Sunny and I want to jump right in!
    thanks for sharing at BW2!

    ReplyDelete