Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Websters March Challenge

Yes Websters Papers are one of my favorite company's. I love the versatility of their papers, since I love cutting and re-arranging so much I thought I would work a patchwork watercolor heart wreath into my layout as part of the challenge. Which brings me to the challenge. You had to make a shaped background, it didn't even occur to me just to grab one of their pre-made die cut papers as really where is the challenge in that. So yes, I cut out 110 1" squares from Websters scraps, this then had to be pieced in such a way that it forms a heart wreath. When finished I stitched them all down. This actually creates a 11.5" square so I had to cut it out to make the shape background. Unfortunately once I did this I wasn't happy with using it directly as the background and lose the effect of all the work I had done. So I used another sheet of Websters Papers "Set the Table". I cut the top of it to frame the heart part and then used decorative scissor down the bottom rh corner and cut into the pattern work to create my shaped background. From there I used more scraps of flowers and leaves from the paper and 3D them over the other pattern work.



Welcome Little One a

Photo is of my mum and her parents, on this occasion I think it was introducing her to the family. I have matted the photo and then matted again onto a Making Memories metal frame. Both of these have a Chatterbox journal tag placed behind for journalling. Other products are Making Memories Cherish sticker, Webster alpha stickers, prima flowers, dusty attic flourish, kindy glitz and dimensional pearls. Thanks for looking and for any of your comments you may leave.


Pin It!

3 comments:

  1. Wow all the work put into this has certainly paid off, it's fabulous Fi so full and rich I am in awe!! T x

    ReplyDelete
  2. woohoo..love this a TON Fi... I see lotsa of hardwork here... you are awesome... hugs...xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. A stunning page!
    I loved the heart, the sewing, the design!
    Hugs from Brazil!

    ReplyDelete