Thursday, October 7, 2010

The Color Room Palette 26






Well I got this layout done in time and photographed whilst their was some sun around. Seems the sun in Sunny QLD is very far and few. This is a one of two portrait shots of my Grandma who passed away when I was 6 months old. The other photo has her holding a Piano Accordion which she played, she also played the piano. However I wonder though whether she enjoyed playing these instruments or whether it was expected of her due to the times...An answer I will probably never know.

The background cardstock was stamped using black brilliance stamp pad and a kaiser lace stamp, I then painted over with white paint. Then 2nd layer is some MME paper, 3rd matt Jenni Bowlin embossed cardstock and the some CI music paper that I also painted to tone down. I then stitched around the layout. I used Graphic 45 paper and cut the ladies out and 3d some of them. Webster papers I cut the roses and the Light post. I've done a lot of distressing. Other embellishments are MM Letter Stickers and rubons, K & Company and some other bits from my stash.

Hope you enjoy looking and it inspire you to scrap some of your heritage photos.


Pin It!

3 comments:

  1. Hey girl...thanks for joining my blog. I love, love this LO..it's gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Fi. Love the new look. I found the best way was just to keep trying new things, until I found something that worked! I absolutely love your LO by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always enjoy the details on your layouts, Fi!

    ReplyDelete